Hot Stone Reflexology
The subtle energies of stones introduced into a treatment calm the senses, relax muscle tension and promote a meditative state.
The heat from the stones penetrates to a deeper level, bringing about physiological changes as well as influencing the body’s internal energy flow (Chi); therefore bringing a balance to both body and mind. Reflexology is a perfect way to nurture our bodies and ourselves.
What is involved in a hot stone reflexology treatment?
What are the benefits of hot stone reflexology?
The effects of hot stones on you are two-fold: a physiological (physical structure of the body) and psychological (relates to the mind).
The short term physiological effects of hot stones include the following:
• Improvement of skin tone and colour by removing dead skin cells
• Improved circulation, encouraging more efficient delivery of nutrients and oxygen to cells
• Deeper and more efficient breathing
• Relief from muscle fatigue, soreness and stiff joints
• General feeling of relaxation, and feeling the need to sleep
• Speeding up of digestion and waste removal
In the long term you may experience benefits such as:
• Improved skin elasticity and circulation
• Boosting of immunity from illness
• Improved muscle suppleness
• Improved neural communication and relaxed nervous system
• Relief from insomnia
• Balancing of the digestive system
• Lowering of high blood pressure
The short term psychological effects of hot stones include the following:
• Relaxation of body, reducing tension and stress
• Relaxation of mind, reducing anxiety
• A lifting of emotions, increasing positive feelings
• Increase in energy levels and reduction in fatigue, from invigorating body systems
Price: For a 1 hour treatment of hot stone reflexology £40.00
Note: Hot stone reflexology is not a substitute for medical treatment nor is it a diagnostic system. Always consult a GP or other health professional for medical attention and advice.